- September 12, 2022
- 10:00 am
We all would want to make our sandwich maker multipurpose and be able to cook more than just sandwiches in it. Here we have a few simple ideas on how to use a sandwich maker besides making sandwiches.
Cooking may or may not be your forte, but a grill sandwich maker is for everyone who likes the deliciousness of the different ingredients packed in crunchy bread. All you need is a few ingredients to enjoy scrumptious food without having to spend a lot or even going out. The ideas below will leave you wanting more every time you crave your soul food. So if you have stashed your bread sandwich maker somewhere in the corner of your kitchen, bring it out, and start toasting!
Check out some of the best recipes that can be prepared in a grill sandwich maker and add some twist to your day-to-day food items. As much as these dishes are tasty, they are easy to make, where all in all, every dish would take not more than 10-15 minutes (including the cooking time). We have mixed and matched recipes for all types of taste buds. So, if you are a sweet tooth, or looking for healthier options, or even crave something spicy we have some of the handpicked recipes for you.
What can you make in a grill sandwich maker?
Bread Omelette Recipe in Sandwich Maker
If you have one of those sandwich makers that have edged sides to fit the bread slices perfectly inside it, you can make an omelet in it as well. Omelettes can be had with or without bread, so whichever type of omelet suits your taste, can be easily made in an electronic sandwich maker.
- Just pre-heat the sandwich maker and put some butter on it to grease the grill plates.
- Once the butter melts add the eggs to it depending on the size of your grill sandwich maker.
- You can also add some vegetables, salt, pepper, and cheese to enhance the taste.
- Close the lid for 1-2 minutes, let the omelet’s surface turn light brown, and the omelet made all in the grill sandwich maker would be ready.
- For the last step, you can roast the bread till it turns brown and serve both the prepared items as you like.
Donuts in Sandwich Maker
You would not require a donut maker to make those mouth-watering donuts. The shape of the donuts would not be exactly the way it usually is, but the same taste is assured.
- Make a batter with beaten eggs, and add some butter, milk, sugar, and vanilla to it.
- Add some flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt, and any other spices to the mix. Make sure your sandwich maker has the right space to add the liquid batter.
- Preheat the sandwich toaster and put some oil to grease the plates, after that pour the batter into the plates with the edges, and close the lid.
- Wait for 4-5 minutes for the sandwich donuts to cook to golden brown color.
- As the donuts get ready you can melt some chocolate or mix butter with cinnamon powder to add more taste and flavor to it.
Pizza Pie in Sandwich Maker/ Griller
Pizza is undoubtedly one of the favorite choices for most people. A go-to meal we can never deny we crave. If you don’t have the cooking appliances needed to make that delicious pizza, a sandwich maker can be your savior.
- Spray some oil on the sandwich maker plates and preheat the griller as required.
- Meanwhile, spread pizza paste on half the side of a pastry sheet and put toppings of your choice like cheese or other veggies. If you like you can also use bread instead of a pastry sheet.
- Mind keeping the edges empty so the topping doesn’t come out when you close the lid.
- Fold the other half to cover the topping.
- The cooking process takes 6-7 minutes (until the pastry turns golden and puffed). Cut the pizza into triangles and serve it as you like.
Quesadillas in Sandwich Toaster
A healthy appetizing option for people who are health conscious, Quesadillas are the best and easy option you can consider to make in a sandwich maker.
- Start with putting some olive oil on the surface of the sandwich maker as you preheat the electric device.
- Place 2 tortillas on the plates of the sandwich maker, and place 2 tablespoons of mixture (cheese, black olives, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper) upon the tortillas.
- Mind the quantity of the mixture you put in, as the extra may come out of your quesadillas.
- Put 2 more tortillas on the top and close the lid to cook them for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite flavors like sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
Sandwich Maker Potato Fritters
Crispy potato fritters are definitely a mouth-watering quick recipe you can make with a sandwich maker. Here are the simple steps you can follow to make potato fritters without having to wait long:
- First, peel and shred the potatoes, and add breadcrumbs and egg to them.
- Season the mixture with the ingredients like salt, pepper, and other herbs you prefer.
- After you have mixed all the ingredients make portions of a size that would fit your sandwich maker.
- Spray some oil on the sandwich maker to grease it up and put the portions directly on the plate.
- Close the lid for 15 minutes to achieve that perfect golden brown color.
- When the potatoes are baked put cheese on them and cover them with another piece of potato slice.
- Cover the lid again for 2-3 minutes to let the cheese melt and serve it with pesto.
Noodles Sandwiches in Sandwich Maker
Wondering what a combination of noodles and bread would be like? It is surely tasty and a must-try if you haven’t already tried it.
- All you have to do is use cooked noodles as a filler between the bread.
- Bake it like you usually bake your sandwiches, by spreading some butter on the sandwich plates and putting the bread on the plates.
- Put the noodles on the bread and cover it with another bread piece.
- Close the lid and wait till the bread get crispy. Once it’s done you can serve it with sauces of your choice.
Tips for Using a Sandwich Maker:
- The best sandwich maker would come with adjustable temperature control of pre-heating and power lights so you won’t have to worry about over-cooking your food or for that matter burning anything. Buying a product that has automated functionality and quality is a convenience for life.
- Preferably buy a sandwich maker with non-stick plates, this will ensure easy cleaning, as when the cooking is so easy then why should be the cleaning difficult?
- Using oil drip trays in a sandwich maker is an important aspect of cooking as all the left oil and residue will get collected in the tray.
- Make sure to clean the surface of the oiled part every time you use the sandwich maker.
The above-mentioned recipes are easy to make and delicious to eat. The ingredients used are basic as they are available in every household. We have seen so many sandwich press ideas but the fact is that you would need a quality sandwich maker to be able to cook these simple dishes efficiently. If the quality of the sandwich maker is not up to the mark, trying different ingredients could even go south.
If you are searching for something efficient, a sandwich maker by Concord is what you need. Concord’s sandwich maker will fit your kitchen aesthetic perfectly and has features to make your experience seamless. An oil drip tray for collecting extra oil, 180 degrees flat opening, nonstick grill plates, and adjustable temperature control are some of the features you wouldn’t want to miss out on! Concord’s online prices are affordable and have the capability of becoming your favorite kitchen appliance.